Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Assignment 10

I have never posted a video on Youtube but I have posted videos using the posted items application on facebook, most of which came from other sites using their share function As for the statistics in the article, I was not surprised by the number of students who watch, send, or posted links to online videos. The reason being is that I, along with all my friends, have watched and referenced to videos seen online. Compare that to my family, most have never even heard of youtube, its popularity must come from younger adults becauses plus the fact most older its not stemming from older people. I selected this video link because I find the series, which got its start on youtube, really funny videos and its not just another relinked from another site onto youtube. As for alternative video search places I usually end up using yahoo or google video search engine options. What I believe makes Youtube a Web 2.0 application are: its accessibility, the freedom to post whatever you find interesting thus allowing you to share it, anyone can leave a comment on a video, you can subscribe to a author of a video and follow what they are posting, and users decided what videos make it on the homepage.

The video post link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2eH3vYbdGo

No comments: