Monday, October 13, 2008

Assignment # 5

The tags that were assigned originally to the photo were: SCSU, library, millercenter, holocaust, genocideeducation, and darfur. The tags I recommended were most of the original ones plus: Miller Center, Genocide Education, savedarfur.org, and 2nd Floor West. The reason I recommended the first two tags was due to the originals being one long word. So breaking them into two words was both grammatically correct and made searches for them easier because most people searching for Miller Center will type 'Miller Center' not 'Millercenter'. I added the savedarfur.org tag because the site is easily read in the photograph and deserved recognition. As for the 2nd West Floor tag, adding that helped made the location of the photograph more known. So anyone willing to visit the place now knows more precisely were it is.

I used the photo hosting service photobucket once four years ago. From what I remember photobucket was not very user friendly and downloading photographs then placing them in a blog was very frustrating. If I remember right it did not even work so I quit using it after the first time. So compared to Flickr, which was easy to upload onto a blog, photobucket is a much more inferior photo hosting service.

I have uploaded images onto my Facebook account. When compared to Flickr both are easy to operate and user friendly. The only advantages I can give to Flickr are: the ability to tag photographs more than by who was in them and better sharing features. Also Facebook seems to have an all private or public design, Flickr is more custom.

Considering that you have complete control over who can and can not see your photos. I have no concerns for public photo sharing on Flickr. So I believe this service of making photographs public is a generally good experience.


No comments: